pmay list 2022: Present NDA Govt. led by Prime Minister, Shri Narender Modi has set out a flagship scheme. It is called Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2020 (PMAY). The vision of this scheme is ‘Housing for All’ by 2022. The list of beneficiaries of the scheme i.e. PM Awas Yojana Urban is readily available. One can see it on the official website of PM Awas Yojana Urban at pmaymis.gov.in. Eligible candidates who have applied for PMAY Urban Housing Scheme earlier can check their names on the aforesaid official website.
Initially, Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) of the scheme has outlined the need for construction of dwellings. The CSMC estimated the figure to the tune of 42.46 lakh dwellings in the country. However, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation ministry was assigned the responsibility for providing pucca houses. Beneficiaries would be poor people in urban areas.
PMAY list 2022
Besides that, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – ‘Housing for All’’. It is an ambitious scheme of our honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. However, it envisages ‘Housing for All’ by 2022. One of the main characteristics of PMAY scheme is that it benefits people belonging to all sections of the society. They may be Economically Weaker Section (EWS) or Low Income Group (LIG). Additionally, persons belonging to Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I) and Middle Income Group-II (MIG-II) will also benefit. Importantly, the scheme empowers beneficiaries to avail interest subsidy on purchase or construction or enhancement of dwelling unit. However, many people call it Pradhan Awas Yojana also.
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2022
Steps for applying online for the scheme Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:-
- First of all, one should visit the PM Awas Yojana official website http://pmaymis.gov.in
- After that, apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Online,
- Under the “Menu” section, find the “Citizen Assessment” option
- Then, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar card number
- Next, application page will appear
- You should fill up all the entries pertaining to your personal details, income details, current residential address.
- Also, fill up your bank account detail
- Next, click on “I am aware of” option at the end of page and then click “Save” button
- Once you click the “save” option, you will see a system generated application number. This you can save for future reference
- Download and print the duly-filed application
- Thereafter, submit the form at your nearest CSC office centres and financial institution/banks along with required documents
- Above steps are applicable to search subject as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Form Apply 2020
However, before filling the PMAY Scheme application, you should make sure that you have checked your eligibility. Also, check your name in the beneficiary list. Further, please check if you are eligible by submitting your BPL/EWS certificates to the lending institution who will notify your eligibility to apply for Prime Minister Awas Yojana scheme.
Subsequently, you can also check the list of beneficiaries online by visiting the official website. Updated beneficiaries list is available from time to time. So, you should check the latest list.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme
As stated earlier, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is a Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – ‘Housing for All’’. It is a mega scheme of the Government led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. It is all about ‘Housing for All’ by 2022. As a matter of fact, this scheme benefits people belonging to all sections of the society i.e. Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG). Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I), and Middle Income Group-II (MIG-II) are the additional beneficiaries.
Apparently, beneficiaries are provided interest subsidy on purchase or construction of a house or enhancement of dwelling unit. So, it is almost a lucrative and beneficial scheme of the Government. However, many people term it differently as Pradhan Awas Yojana as well.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility – Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Beneficiaries
Here are details regarding eligibility of different sections of society, income criterion, extent of subsidy available. Also details of property area (category-wise) and loan amount available under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana:-
|Annual Household Income (Rs.)||Categories||Interest Subsidy (%)||Subsidy Calculated on Max. A loan of (Rs.)||Max. Interest Subsidy of||Max. Carpet Area of the Property|
|Up to 3 lakh||EWS||6.50%||6,00,000||2.67 lakh||No Limit **|
|3 lakh to 6 lakh||LIG||6.50%||6,00,000||2.67 lakh||No Limit **|
|6 lakh to 12 lakh||MIG-1||4.00%||9,00,000||2.35 lakh||1291 sq. ft.|
|12 lakh to 18 lakh||MIG-2||3.00%||12,00,000||2.30 lakh||1614 sq. ft.@|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List, available at the aforesaid official website, is for reference.
** For purchase/construction of new property
@ Carpet area since stands increased to 2100 sq.ft.
PMAY Online Application Form
One can apply for subsidy online free of cost through http://pmaymis.gov.in. As the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Form PDF 2021 is a simple form Hence, it is very easy to fill up. After recording all the details in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Form 2020, please go through it once again to see its correctness. However, you can also apply online with the help of officials at the Common Service Centre (CSC). However, a nominal fee for this service is Rs. 25.00 only.
You become sure about the correctness of all the entries made in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Form PDF. Finally, submit the same and hand over the print out of the same to the bank for further necessary action.
Here are the steps to apply for Pradhan Mantri Scheme online:-
- First of all, Start by selecting ‘benefit under other 3 components
- Thereafter, fill Aadhaar details correctly
- After that, enter all other details correctly
- Finally, save your application.
In this way, your application process is now complete. Hence, you can track the status of the application now on the same website.
Thereafter, you can submit a print out to the Local Municipality or Nagar Palika office.
How to get the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Pmay Subsidy or CLSS Subsidy through the Bank
Applying for the subsidy through the bank is a simple procedure too. As such, you can apply for a loan and the benefit at the same time. If eligible, you can select a bank from the list of banks that have signed MOU for offering this scheme.
Subsequently, inform the bank that you wish to avail benefit under the scheme and follow up regularly. However, the whole procedure may take 2-3 months.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Housing for all Urban
As stated earlier, PMAY scheme benefits people of all sections of the society i.e. Economically Weaker Section (EWS) or Low Income Group (LIG), Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I), and Middle Income Group-II (MIG-II) are the other categories.. The scheme empowers beneficiaries to avail interest subsidy on purchase, construction of a house or enhancement of dwelling unit. However, many people call it Pradhan Awas Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Pmay – Housing for all by 2022 is an ambitious scheme. It has the backing of our honourable Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. Hence, eligible beneficiaries should and must utilise this opportunity.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin (PMAY-G) or Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awaas Yojana (PMGAY) is a social welfare scheme of the government of India. Its objective is to provide low-cost housing to the rural people of the country. Hence, this scheme is in consonance with the government’s initiative of providing ‘Housing for all’ by 2022.
Govt. of India has since revised the target of PMAY-G. Now it envisages construction of an increased number of dwelling units of 1 crore homes by 2022. However, the revised targets for different states are available on the official website.
Home Loans Under Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Scheme PMGAY
Details are under the heading “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Guidelines.”
Main Characteristics of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana Scheme –
- First of all, modern technology like information communication and space technology are very helpful. These tools play important role in the selection of deserving and accurate beneficiaries in rural areas.
- This scheme consolidated all of existing schemes together – Aadhaar platform, Skill India, Jan Dhan Yojana, and Make in India. Besides, for the purpose of utilizing manpower, the government is also planning to deploy the MGNREGA Scheme. The Swachh Bharat and MGNREGA amongst other institutions funded toilets for the PMGAY scheme
- Under the integrated action plan, beneficiaries get 90 days of wage employment in their home district.
- Besides that, National Rural Drinking Water Program (NRDWP) envisages supply of water to houses under the PMAY-G scheme. Hence, beneficiaries will also get clean and efficient cooking fuel.
- Other aspects of the scheme are the management of Solid and liquid wastes of the households under the PMAY-G scheme.
- Additionally, amenities like bio-fenced steps, paved pathways, road, etc. are the other facilities for the beneficiaries
- A total provision of construction of 4 crore households is there under the PMAY-G scheme by the year 2022.
- However, total estimated expenditure of PMAY-G is Rs.60,000 crore.
- Subsequently, revision in size of each unit will also take place from 20 square meters to 25 square meters.
- Last but not the least, beneficiaries will receive the funds electronically directly to their account.
Beneficiary List for PMAY-G
Factually, the Govt. uses Socio-Economic Caste Census of 2011 (SECC) for selection of beneficiaries under the PMAY-G scheme. However, the selection process of the beneficiaries is as follows:
- First of all, SECC is a key factor in preparing a list of the beneficiaries
- After the selection of beneficiaries, the prioritized list is given priority
- Subsequently, Gram Sabhas verify the list
- After that, final list finds a way for publication
- In this way, annual lists are ready
check Also PM Berojgari bhatta yojana
The criterion for Excluding Beneficiaries from PMAY Gramin Scheme
- First of all, candidates having a motorised two-wheeler or a motorised three-wheeler or a motorised four wheeler.
- Secondly, persons having a fishing boat or a mechanised three or four wheeler agricultural equipment .
- Besides that, applicants having a Kisan Credit Card (KCC) with a limit greater or equal to Rs.50,000.
- Further, a household that has at least one member employed with the government. At least one member earning more than Rs.10,000 a month
- Besides that, any person that pays income tax or professional tax
- In addition to above, candidates having a refrigerator or a landline phone connection
Mandatory Norms for Becoming a Beneficiary under PMAY-G
- The applicant’s family must consist of one spouse, and unmarried children
- Must not own a pucca house
- A beneficiary must be residing in a particular state for a certain time period, depending on the state
- Fulfilment of income criteria and member of Economically Weaker Section, Lower Income Group or Below Poverty Line category
- Income of the applicant’s family should range between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh p.a.
- Abpve all, loan amount above Rs.6 lakh, interest rate on additional amount will be as per market rate
How to Apply for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana
Before publication of the final list, the government will select the beneficiaries of PMAY-G after due scrutiny. Any interested candidates can then approach the respective authorities and avail the benefits of PMAY-G.
In order to see your name in the shortlisted list, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, log in to the official PMAY site
- After that, click on ‘Stakeholders’ in the option bar
- Then, click on ‘Beneficiary’
- Finally, enter your name and click on ‘Search’
PMAY-G Home Loan Interest Subsidy Scheme
As clarified earlier, PMAY- G provides home loans at subsidized rates of interest to eligible beneficiaries. These loans will be provided at 6% p.a. for an amount of up to Rs.6 lakh. While some rural people call it as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Rural, others call it Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.
Eligibility Criteria for Prime Minister Awas Yojana – Gramin
Applicants may check eligibility on following points. However, one is eligible to apply if he/she is a member of:-
- Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe
- Freed bonded labourer
- Besides that, minorities and non-SC/ST rural households in the BPL category
- Widows and next-of-kin to defence personnel/paramilitary forces killed in action, ex-servicemen etc.
- Most importantly, family applying for a loan under this scheme must include a husband, wife and unmarried child/children.
- The family must not own a pucca house.
- Above all, the applicant and must fulfil the income criteria mandated by this scheme. One must belong to either EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Lower Income Group), or BPL (Below Poverty Line) category.
- The income of the applicant’s family should be between Rs.3 lakh and Rs.6 lakh p.a.
- In case of loan amount above Rs.6 lakh, interest on additional amount will be as per market rate.
Documents Required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin
Following documents are essential to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Gramin:-
- Most importantly, duly filled PMAY-G application form
- Caste certificate
- Income proof
- Then, ID proof such as aadhaar card, PAN, Driving licence, Voter ID, etc.
- Besides that, income certificate in case income is below taxable limit
- Address proof
- Salary certificate
- 6 months bank account statement
- IT returns
- Form 16
- I.T assessment order
- Letter on nature of business if the applicant is in business
- A financial statement in case of business
- Plan of construction
- Certificate claiming the cost of construction
- Official valuer’s certificate
- An affidavit relating to not owning a pucca house
- Receipt of any advance payment made to the builder
- The construction contract with developer or builder
- NOC from a housing society
- Finally, a letter pointing out the allocation of property
Prime Minister Awas Yojana – Gramin Home Loan EMI Calculator
It is very easy to calculate the EMI of a loan with the help of technology in finance. To access a PMAY-G home loan EMI calculator, just type in the basic details of the home loan and all the information requested will turn up on the site.
However,18% GST rate is applicable for all Financial Services effective from July 1, 2017.
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is Credit-Linked Subsidy Scheme – CLSS. This scheme provides ‘Housing for All’ by 2022. The nature of PMAY scheme is such that it benefits people belonging to all sections of the society i.e. Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Low Income Group (LIG). Middle Income Group-I (MIG-I) and Middle Income Group-II (MIG-II are the other beneficiaries.. Importantly, beneficiaries may avail interest subsidy on the purchase/ construction of a house or enhancement of dwelling unit.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Guidelines or Features
All the details of the scheme i.e. the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) are available on the official website. All kind of updates, amendments and new announcements are also there on the website.
Out of the four verticals, Credit linked Subsidy scheme that offers a discount on the interest rate for loans.
PMAY scheme is of two type:
- First of all, credit-linked subsidy scheme for EWS/LIG
- Besides that, credit-linked subsidy scheme for MIG
There is provision for individuals whose income is under Rs.6- 12 Lakhs and Rs.12-18 Lakhs a year. They should read detailed post on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (MIG I & MIG II)
However, here are details of Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme for EWS/LIG only. Some people know this scheme as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for the Economically weaker section. Others call it Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana for Low-income group.
Main features of the scheme are as under:
Same as EWS
60 Sq Mtrs (~646 Sq Ft)
|Annual household income||Rs.3 Lakhs||Rs. 3-6 Lakhs|
|Maximum loan value for s||Rs. 6 Lakhs||Rs. 6 Lakhs|
|Processing fees||No processing fees up to 6 lacs loan||Same as EWS|
|Maximum loan tenure||20 years||20 Years||Subsidy on interest||6.5%||6.5%||Maximum interest subsidy||2.67 Lakhs||2.67 Lakhs||Maximum carpet area eligible||30 Sq Mtr (~323 Sq Ft)|
|Where can property be located||Any area defined as a town under census 2011||Same EWS Detail|
|Scheme open for applications till||No last date has yet been given|
Updated Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List is also available on the above mentioned official website.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||EWS households whose annual income less than Rs.3 lakh come under the EWS category. The applicant of an EWS category should provide relevant proof to the government to ascertain their claims.|
|Light Income Group (LIG)||People having an income ranging from Rs.3 lakh to 6 lakh come under LIG category. Like the EWS category, they should also provide sufficient proof of their income.|
|Medium Income Group (MIG-1)||MIG-1 category envisages income below Rs.12 lakh per annum fall under the. MIG-1 category beneficiary can avail loan up to Rs.9 lakh for the construction of a residence. However, they also need to prove their economic status.|
|Medium Income Group (MIG-2)||Persons with an annual household income between Rs.12 to Rs.18 lakh come under MIG-2 of the scheme. Such persons can avail loans up to Rs.12 lakh.|
|Minorities||SC/ST/BC candidates will fall under minorities. As such, these persons should provide relevant caste and income certificates to avail benefit under the scheme.|
|Women Married Couple||Women beneficiaries hailing from EWS/LIG categories can also avail benefit under the PMAY scheme, in case they apply for the same In the case of a married couple, either a single or a joint ownership deal is sufficient. However, both options will receive just one subsidy|
The basic requirement for an applicant is that it comprises of a husband, wife and unmarried children. Also, no person from the family should have a house in his/her name in any part of the country. Besides that, the family members must be free from any benefit of any housing-related schemes of the Government of India.
It is a progressive step of the Govt. of India as it helps millions of urban poor own a house.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Bank List
List of Banks Under PM Awas Yojana Scheme
Bank of India
Dena bank, Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd. , Bank of Baroda
Baroda, Gujrat Gramin bank, Jharkhand State Co-Operative Bank Ltd.AQs on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Public and Private Sector Banks list for PMAY Scheme:
|Public Sector Banks||Private Sector Banks|
|Vijaya Bank||South Indian Bank Ltd.|
|Central Bank of India||Nainital Bank Ltd.|
|United Bank of India||Lakshmi Vilas Bank|
|J & K Bank|
|UCO Bank||Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd|
|Syndicate Bank||City Union Bank|
|State Bank of Travancore||Yes Bank|
|State Bank of Mysore||The Federal Bank Ltd.|
|State Bank of Hyderabad||Karur Vysya Bank Ltd.|
|State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur||Karnataka Bank Ltd.|
|Punjab National Bank||ICICI Bank Ltd.|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||DCB Bank Ltd.|
|Indian Bank||Axis Bank Ltd.|
|Dena Bank||Catholic Syrian Bank|
|Corporation Bank||Tamilnad mercantile Bank Ltd|
|Bhartiya Mahila Bank Ltd.|
|Bank of Maharashtra|
|Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce|
|Indian Overseas Bank|
Regional Rural Banks List for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme:
|Regional Rural Banks|
|Ellaquai Dehati bank|
|Vanachal Gramin Bank|
|Uttarbanag Kshetriya Gramin Bank|
|Telangana Grameena Bank|
|Satlij Gramin Bank|
|Sarva UP Gramin Bank|
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank|
|Meghalaya Rural Bank|
|Jharkhand Gramin Bank|
|J& K Grameen Bank|
|Bihar Gramin Bank|
|Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin Bank|
|Bangiya Gramin Vikas Bank|
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank|
|Central Godavari Grameena Bank|
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank|
|Kaveri Grameena Bank|
|Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank|
|Baroda Gujrat Gramin bank|
|Assam Gramin Bank|
|Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank|
|Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank|
|Allahabad UP Gramin Bank|
|Punjab GRamin Bank|
|Baroda Uttar Pradesh Gramin Bank|
|Gramin Bank of Aryavart|
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank|
|Pandyan Grama Bank|
|Kashi Gomti Samyut Bank|
|Odisha Gramiya Bank|
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank|
|Tripura Gramin Bank|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank|
|Utal Grameen Bank|
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank|
|Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank|
|Narmada Jhabua Gramin|
|Nagaland Rural Bank|
|Mizoram Rural Bank|
|Manipur Rural Bank|
|Maharashtra Gramin Bank|
|Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank|
|Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank|
|Kerala Gramin Bank|
|Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank|
Co-operative Banks List for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme:
|Janta Sahakari Bank Ltd|
|The Punjab State Cooperative Bank Ltd.|
|Uttarakhand State Cooperative Bank Ltd.|
|Shree Panchganag Nagari Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|Kerala State Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Karad Urban Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|Meghalaya Co-Operative Apex Bank Ltd|
|Sangli Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|The Surat People’s Cooperative Bank Ltd.|
|The Goa State Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Sikkim State Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Shikshak Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|Sardar Bhiladwala Pardi People’s Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Odisha State Cooperative Bank|
|Nutan Nagarik Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|Mizoram Cooperative Apex Bank Ltd.|
|Mehsana Urban Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Mahanagar Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|Kalupur Commercial Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|Jharkhand State Co-Operative Bank Ltd.|
|J&K State Cooperative Bank|
|Cosmos Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd.|
|Cosmos Co-operative Urban Bank Ltd.|
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit|
|Bihar State Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|Jalgaon Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|Sarvodaya Commercial Co- operative Bank|
|Citizen Credit Co-op Bank Limited|
|The Nawangar Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|The Greater Bombay Co- operative Bank Ltd.|
|The Bharat Co-operative Bank (Mumbai) Ltd.|
|The West Bengal State Co- operative Bank Ltd.|
|The Kalyan Janata Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|The Gujarat State Co-operative Bank Ltd|
|The Ahmedabad Mercantile Co- operative Bank Ltd.|
|Shri Mahila Sewa Sahakari Bank Ltd.|
|Rajkot Nagarik Sahakari Bank Limited|
|Punjab & Maharashtra Co- operative Bank Ltd|
|Prime Co-operative Bank Ltd.|
|Bombay Mercantile Co-operative Bank|
FAQs on Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
Here are the Frequently asked questions about PMAY and PMAY Gramin:-
1. Is a woman entitled to apply for this scheme?
Yes, to empower the women in India, this scheme gives priority to them within the lower income groups. In case, your husband, father ( in case of unmarried) or any other family member has applied, you stand ineligible to apply for the scheme separately.
2. Whether a senior citizen falling under the local income groups is eligible to apply for the Ground Floor?
Yes, senior citizens need to apply under their category only. Preference is given to senior citizens for the Ground floor housing. Make it a point to apply early since the priorities among senior citizens for ground floor is also shared with differently abled beneficiaries.
3. What does DBT mean?
Full abbreviation of DBT is Direct Benefit Transfer. It envisages direct transfer of subsidy in bank accounts of the beneficiary.
4. Why will the Government geotag the properties under the PMAY housing project?
It is noteworthy to mention here that transparency under the PMAY project is very vital, relating to rules and regulations of the scheme, the basic requirement of sanitation and its completion. Hence, geotagging is essential, to have all the information available for the parties involved. In clear terms, Geo tagging means adding metadata to a photograph or map of your home location in the map. It also provides updated satellite imagery of the progress of the project. It helps to monitor the progress, without personally visiting the site.
5. How long will the PMAY Project last?
“Housing for All” through the PMAY project will last until 2022.
6. How Do I Find out whether my town or city is part of the first phase?
One needs to go online and check the list of cities in the first Phase of the PMAY project.
7. Do transgenders are also are eligible to apply under the scheme?
Transgender is also part and parcel of the society. Generally, they belong to low-income groups and economically weaker groups. In case, they fulfil all the eligibility requirements, their entitlement is OK. However, if they do not fall in the income groups required by the scheme, they stand ineligible for the scheme.
8. What are the minimum and maximum annual income prescribed under the PMAY?
As mandated under the scheme, income criterion is different for different categories ranging from 3 lacs to 18 lacs.
9. Why are sustainable and eco-friendly technologies used for construction under the scheme making it more expensive that way?
Keeping the environmental issues and global warming problem in mind, provision of construction of eco-friendly exists under the scheme. However, it does not mean that the PMAY constructions will make the project expensive.
10. What is the carpet area in the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
The area falls within the walls is called carpet area. However, this area does not include the thickness of the inner walls.
11. How does the housing project ensure that there is enough labour for construction for the housing under the PMAY in rural regions?
This is very simple because the Govt. may hire labour (skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled) in rural areas under the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act.
12. Who are Implementing Agencies and how are they different from Central Nodal Agencies (CNA)?
Implementing agencies are Urban Local Bodies, Housing Boards, Development Authorities, etc., Nodal agencies are picked up by State Government or SLSMC for the purpose of implementing Housing for PMAY missions.
13. Who is the targeted beneficiary?
A person who belongs to the economically weaker section of the society and does not own a ‘pucca’ house is eligible under the scheme. Also, other different income groups in society are also eligible.
14. Who is a beneficiary family?
Individuals availing the benefit under the scheme are referred to as the beneficiary family.
15. Is the scheme for non-resident Indians?
Yes, in case they fulfil the basic income criterion. However, the general view is that they belong to the higher income group.
16. Any further subsidies/discounts available on this scheme?
No additional subsidy is available on this scheme.
17. What is the term of the loan?
The maximum period is 20 years to avail subsidy. However, no subsidy for the extended period.
18. Is it mandatory for a woman to own the property?
Yes, it is so for lower income groups and economically weaker sections of society
19. Can this PMAY scheme be availed in rural areas?
No. The scope of the scheme envisages urban areas only. However, Prime Minister Awas Yojana (Rural) is another scheme meant for rural areas only.
It is not out of place to mention here that with effect from July 1, 2017, 18% GST is applicable for all financial services.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Last Date
No last date for the Prime Minister Awas Yojana (PMAY). However, the scheme envisages “House For All” by the end of the year 2022.